Catering Services provides unparalleled quality catering to the Penn State Beaver campus community--from coffee breaks to buffets to multi-course meals to theme celebrations, Catering Services can tailor a menu to match your food service needs—and your budget.
For your next business meeting, luncheon, banquet, or afternoon break, contact Catering Services at 724-773-3775 or send us an email at least two weeks before your event.
- Catering Services at Penn State Beaver can provide detailed information and help plan your catered event. During the initial planning stages, clients must provide an estimated number of guests. We require a minimum of 15 guests.
- Clients may request either china service or disposable products. Customized linens, tables, and table service are available at an additional cost. Arrangements for these items must be made at least two weeks before the event.
- Deliveries for catered events can be made to any location on campus.
- Student organizations that request catering services must submit a written authorization approval from their staff or faculty advisor, and must include the appropriate budget number that will be charged for the catering event. This approval must be received before any services are rendered.
- Please let the Food Services Manager know of any changes in the estimated number of guests at least one week before the event.
- The guaranteed number of guests must be given to the Food Services Manager at least 48 hours before the event. Any changes to the order must also be made by this time. Guest numbers stand confirmed at 48 hours in advance.
- The client will be billed for 100 percent of the guaranteed number of guests. Catering charges will be based on the guaranteed number of guests or the actual number of guests in attendance, whichever is higher.
- In the event of a cancellation less than 48 hours before the scheduled event, 50 percent of the non-recoverable costs incurred by Food Services will be charged to the appropriate group or organization.
- If an unusual or uncontrollable circumstance arises and Food Services must make menu changes, we will substitute items of comparable quality. When possible, clients will be notified of any changes in advance.
- If an event begins more than 30 minutes after the scheduled starting time, Food Services cannot be held responsible for the overall quality of the meal. The client will be responsible for any additional labor costs incurred. These costs will be applied to the catering bill.
- Due to standard Board of Health practices, leftover prepared food may not be removed from the premises.
- The client is responsible for ensuring that all property belonging to Food Services is returned promptly. Clients may be assessed a fee for any items that are not returned.
- If your department or group is considering using an external catering company, please review Policy AD26 Sale of Food and Beverages at University Locations.